Friday, November 4, 2011

Happy Saturday morning to all. We are siting at Bill and Carolyn's, with worship music in the background, 2 of their boys having a nerf war, warm wonderful cups of coffee, and Bill getting into an argument about morality with Chris. It is great to be out of school, no dorm, no kids yelling outside our window and good food. You'll notice that so much of what I talk about is food, and as I think about it, a bad day is always made better by good food and a good day only made better by good food. Right now, I seek comfort food. I found scones at Starbucks last Sunday, and while Chris and Veronica (our floormate) went hunting for food, I sat and enjoyed my scone and green tea latte. We had just been to church where no one introduced themselves to us, people barely even smiled at us and I left with a chill down my spine. Therefore, scones and tea were a good comfort for the lack of human contact. I mean, you'd think that in a country where people are so unfriendly to foreigners (at times), that foreigners would stick together. Nope.

No comments:

Post a Comment